Frank Bonnet wrote:
Gerard Seibert wrote:
Frank Bonnet wrote:

[...]
I need SCSI Disks of course , budget is around 10K$

Why the insistence on SCSI? Is there any reason that SATA or RAID with
SATA is not acceptable? Just curious.

 Because I want it

I have yet to have a SATA drive last more than 10 months handling a busy mail queue. I have SCSI drives that are four years old and still going strong.

SATA, IMHO, is a nice fast drive for gamers. You can go to Frys and get a speedy drive for little money. I do not trust them for mission critical data. As they gain market share that may change. For now I've changed far too many, I have a pop toaster down currently awaiting it's second SATA drive in 16 months. (Professional NOC, Temp, vibration, power all conditioned, this was a Seagate drive).

Just my experience, not looking for agreement or argument.

DAve

Veterans?