--On Friday, September 15, 2006 16:53:25 -0400 ograbme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I see no references to umass and/or da0 which I have come across in my
readings. In the /dev file there are two devices, usb and usb0, so I
tried mounting each one of these devices separately, but had no luck.
Obviously I'm missing something here, so any reasonably detailed
pointers would be appreciated.

Are you saying that this is the case when the USB device is plugged in? Because normally you should see a /dev/da0 if you have a thumb drive plugged in to a USB port.

I mount them like this:
mount_msdosfs /dev/da0s1 /mnt/usb/

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer