[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

But I have one question - do you rebuild the world on a remote machine (without physical access) and if yes - how do you restart in single user mode. This is what I can't understand so far.

Thanks,
Iv

In 6 years, I've never dropped any machine to single user to do any part of a buildworld upgrade. I've stopped many running services, but never gone to single user. The only time I had any problems with this approach was when I blindly flubbed versions in my supfile and cvsup'd a 6 system with 4 source. That wasn't pretty. But it would have been not pretty in single user mode as well.