On 18 Sep 2006, at 10:08, James Seward wrote:

In a previous job I've had squid using winbindd to do user
authentication against a native-mode Windows Server 2003 domain; I'd
say it works pretty well. Due to it being a previous job I can't
recall/lookup the exact procedure I went though to do it, but you just
have to join the BSD machine to the domain. IIRC this used to be done
with "smbpasswd -J" but I think they changed that to a new tool.

Thanks James

I just wanted to sanity check that it is possible. I think he just doesn't want to work on our server because it isn't Linux :)

Ashley