Hi All,

After moving a site to a new server I am having an email/DNS problem.
Hopefully some kind soul can help as I cannot seem to fix this.

---

I am using PHP to send email to the website users at they request (reminders
etc). Apache runs as user nobody. Server is la.mylocalnet.com on
12.158.234.68 - DNS is on this server.

I am getting bounces from bunch of ISPs with an error header like this

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(reason: 550 rejected: cannot route to sender <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

I am assuming that the bounce is happening due to an incorrect reverse DNS -
Am I correct?

This is what I get if I do an nslookup for reverse on my server:

    la# nslookup
    Default Server:  localhost.mylocalnet.com
    Address:  127.0.0.1

    > set type=PTR
    > 12.158.234.68
    Server:  localhost.mylocalnet.com
    Address:  127.0.0.1

    68.234.158.12.in-addr.arpa      name = mylocalnet.com
    234.158.12.in-addr.arpa nameserver = la.mylocalnet.com

And if I do alookup from another server on another network:

    oak:~$ nslookup
    Default Server:  monitor.he.net
    Address:  216.218.130.50

    > set type=PTR
    > 12.158.234.68
    Server:  monitor.he.net
    Address:  216.218.130.50

    Non-authoritative answer:
    68.234.158.12.in-addr.arpa      name = dewnay.com

    234.158.12.in-addr.arpa nameserver = ctmsq2ns2.cotennet.com
    234.158.12.in-addr.arpa nameserver = ctmsq1ns1.cotennet.com
    ctmsq1ns1.cotennet.com  internet address = 206.169.62.212

It appears my bandwidth provider is causing the problem with an incorrect
reverse entry to "dewnay.com". Again, am I correct? If so, should I just get
them to delete the entry and let my DNS do its thing?

Any help, ideas or suggestions gratefully received. I have a lot of mail
stacking up!

Steve