JacobRhoden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Does anyone here know of any web pages which show how to make an x application
> (apart from the couple I found which allow you to print hello world or draw a
> line in a blank window)?

Presuming that that means basic low-level X stuff, here's my (fairly
old) X programming links.  Try the last one first.

(proposed standard
protocol)</li>

fast and simple
X toolkit for C++" (for building into a program)</li>

<li><a href="http://www.pconline.com/~erc/xprog.htm";>Eric Foster-Johnson's Programming
APIs</a>&nbsp;</li>

<li><a href="http://www.hex.net/~cbbrowne/xlibs.html";>Christopher B. Browne's X
Development
Tools</a>&nbsp;</li>

Article at C/C++
Users Journal</li>

But if you want to use a high-level GUI library, find the web sites for
those which should tell you how to use them.  That's a good, easy(est)
way to make a (big, slow) X program.  Qt, OpenMotif, etc...