What's the best way to sync files locally?

I'm running rsync over ssh to backup files from a server. Now I'm setting up a new server, so I rsynced to it as well. The files end up in a subdir of my home directory, because my account is being used for the rsync. I've been using cp -R to put them in the right place on the server and the chmod and chown to get the perms right, but I'm thinking there has to be a way to sync the files locally so that only the ones that have changed or are new have to be copied to the right place.

I can use find to set the perms, but I'm not sure how to sync the files. This is unix, so there's got to be a built-in utility that does this, but I can't seem to find it.

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/