Aloha,

Using help from this list and Greg Lehey's book I have built a FreeBSD 6.2 server for a mail server and Installed Postfix from ports and tested it OK. I can see mail on the server in the expected box by telnet. I installed pop3 to capture the mail on another FreeBSD 4.11 box on another network using firebird just like a client would over the internet.
The passwords are in the /etc.passwd for local users.

Errors:

Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server mail.internetohana.net resopnded: Password supplied for [EMAIL PROTECTED] is incorrect.

on the box istelf i get:

telnet localhost 110 Connected to localhost.internetohana.org. OK

From the client command line on another network I get this using the servers
name:

telnet mail.internetohana.org
Trying ....(etc) OK Qpopper.

telnet mail.hawaiidakine.com 110
mail.hawaiidakine.com 110: No address associated with hostname.

This is a virtual host under /usr/local/etc/postfix/virtual

hawaiidakine.com        anything
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       hdkmail

The alp mail is a local usr for testing and hdkmail is the local user for
hawaiidakine.com the virtual domain.

Mozilla is the email reader I set up for fetching the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mail
stored in the hdkmail box.
I maybe have faulty postfix settings.

Anybody know of a how to to set these virtual hosts up to respond properly? I have all of them in the local host under /var/mail
Thanks.

Al Plant - Honolulu, Hawaii

- Admin -- http://hawaiidakine.com -- http://hdk5.com -- -- http://internetohana.org -- http://freeBSDinfo.org --
+ Supporting open source computing - FreeBSD 6.* +