I determine that the modem is on /dev/cuaa4 by trying all ports up to that one. I did this:
ppp ON localhost> set device /dev/cuaa0
ppp ON localhost> set speed 115200
ppp ON localhost> term
<ppp now freezes>
ppp ON localhsot> set device /dev/cuaa1
ppp ON locahlost> set speed 115200
ppp ON localhost> term
<ppp now freezes>
ppp ON localhost> set device /dev/cuaa2
ppp ON localhost> set speed 115200
ppp ON localhost> term
<ppp now freezes>
ppp ON localhsot> set device /dev/cuaa3
ppp ON locahlost> set speed 115200
ppp ON localhost> term
<ppp now freezes>
ppp ON localhsot> set device /dev/cuaa4
ppp ON locahlost> set speed 115200
ppp ON localhost> term
at
OK
atdt1234567
CONNECT
ISP login:asdfadfadf
---------------
That's how I got it
lattera
Nathan Kinkade writes:
On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 08:25:53AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I run kppp for dialup. My modem is on port /dev/cuaa4. kppp doesn't allow me to use /dev/cuaa4, only up to /dev/cuaa3. Is there a way to force kppp to see /dev/cuaa4?
I've currently removed /dev/cuaa3, and instead made /dev/cuaa3 a symlink to /dev/cuaa4.
Thanks,
lattera
How many serial devices do you actually have on that machine? Just to
be sure, are aware that the device numbering begings at 0?....so serial
port 4 (COM4) is actually represented by cuaa3. How are you determining
that the modem is on serial port cuaa4?
Nathan
--
GPG Public Key ID: 0x4250A04C
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 4250A04C