Hello all,

I've installed Postfix MTA on my machine and I'm have a few questions
pertinent to it.

I've setup named on this machine which I configure in 10 subdomains under a
domain, trigger.lan which is the hostname of my machine. I've put MX
configuration to point to a CNAME under mail.trigger.lan which in return,
points to an A NAME of raya.trigger.lan. I've read from the documentation
that Postfix does work through CNAME declaration.

1) However under the Postfix main.cf, do I assign the "myhostname" with
mail.trigger.lan or do I just let it be configured through gethostbyname ()
which will return trigger.lan? I'm quite behind the curve in regards to this.

2) I've also been accumulating root's dead mails (through periodic cron)
although I did a newaliases on /etc/aliases. The root account was diverted to
a real user account in this file. Has this something to do with the MTA or
was it something else?

The sendmail's rc.conf lines are as follows
sendmail_enable="YES"
sendmail_flags="-bd"
sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
sendmail_submit_enable="NO"