Klaus Friis Østergaard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I get this error when trying to install Firefox:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: /usr/X11R6/lib/libgnome-keyring.a(gnome-keyring.o): relocation
> R_X86_64_32 can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
>
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libgnome-keyring.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
> How do I recompile libgnome-keyring with the -fPIC compiler flags set?
> Is it possible to use the portupgrade to force a recomiplation with the right
> settings?

The port doesn't have a knob for doing that.  I don't know why the
linker is having problems; there shouldn't be anything special about
architecture here.  Perhaps you're running 32-bit libraries on a
64-bit system?

Normally I would recommend talking to the port maintainer, but you
obviously have outdated ports.