On Oct 23, 2006, at 3:40 PM, Albert Shih wrote:

 Le 23/10/2006 à 13:09:21-0800, Jeff Mohler a écrit
Are nic1 and nic2 on the same network?

Are client2 and nic2 on the same network?

Yes all in same subnet, all connected on the same gigabits switch.

The easiest thing is to set up a separate subnet for server nic 2 and client nic 2, perhaps as an alias on the existing one. Use a private netblock like 192.168.n to separate them out.

I do this. I have a single nic in the client (but I have multiple clients) and the nfs server has 4 nics. nic 1 is 192.168.1.x and nic 2 is 192.168.2.x and nic 3 is 192.168.3.x and nic 4 is 192.168.4.x .

I am actually running one of my clients with 1 nic with aliased addresses talking to 2 separate nics on the server, mainly for testing purposes to separate different share while I did some packet sniffing to solve an unrelated problems.

Chad

and all nfs traffic is in UDP.

Hi all

I've two NIC on my server.

Until now I just use one. I want use the second interface to increase
perfs.

The server have only one purpose : nfsd.

Suppose if I do

       nfs_nic_1  <---> client 1

       nfs_nic_2  <---> client 2

well that's work but not... really because if incomming traffic from
client_2 pass through nic_2, all output traffic pass through nic_1.

How can I make the all traffic between client_2 and my server pass through
nic_2 ?

Regards.

JAS
--