On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, shonbir singh tomar wrote:

hello,
 i have installed the freebsd but i  dont know how to use it after installation
a black scrren comes prompting for login and password after login by
root or user a # or $ sign appears its the console mode how i want to use window mode how can i use it plz help me

        Hi!, you need to read over the FreeBSD project; the basic thing is
root is the superuser; (Administrator in other systems) and this user is only for administration of the system; he can do it all. Others users, them work normally: Programmers, web designers, Unix Lovers :), etc, etc.
        Basic commands:

ls, cd, cp , mv, rm, su, mkdir, rmdir, etc. You can obtain details of these commands with man, for example:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] man cp

[EMAIL PROTECTED] man man

        recommended links:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html
                        http://www.onlamp.com/bsd/

                                                                Good day.

 i am a new user to bsd
 i will be very thankful to u if u help me plz...................
 contact me as soon as possible plz.......
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

       "No lo intentes, hazlo o no lo hagas, pero no lo intentes; a
        menudo se dice que no hay Arte sin Disciplina, ni Disciplina
       \sin sacrificio... creo que tienen raz'on ;) "               /
        \_______  _________________________________________________/
                |/
        \\|//
         o o