Those ^M's are the MS-DOS EOL character. You can use sed, or tr to remove them via a commandline pipe.

        -Derek

At 02:26 PM 10/27/2006, Noah wrote:
Hi there,

It appears that a text editor placed a bunch on ^M throughout a text file I am working with. I assure this is equivalent to eh keystroke control-M.

How might I get emacs to search replace

also is there a mail list focused specifically on emacs usability?
please refer me to it?

Cheers,

Noah

believed to be clean.