On 10/30/06 12:05, Reuben A. Popp wrote:
Good morning everyone,

Recently, we've been looking at purchasing a SAN here and I came across this site while doing some research. Seeing as how we just met with reps from Apple to discuss their offerings, I thought that the article was well worth reading ;)

http://www.mostlygeek.com/node/39

Anyway, I realize that the article deals with the 5.x branch, so it may not be 100% exact when it comes to our implementation (6.x). The article makes note that as of 5.x, there were many parts that were still 32 bit, which in turn affected the maximum filesystem size (~2TB).

If you haven't already gotten an answer....

The following may help:
  http://www.freebsd.org/projects/bigdisk/index.html

Not that we would need a filesystem larger than that, but does anyone know if this is still an issue, or was it changed in 6.x, or if there are plans to rework it in -CURRENT?

TIA :)
Reuben A. Popp

--
Regards,