On 11/6/06, Andrew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 23:03:09 +0000, Alexandre Vieira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I'm getting loads of ACPI trash in my newest laptop (ACER Aspire 5601
> AWLMi).
>
> # acpidump -t -d > Acer5601AWLMi.asl
> # iasl Acer5601AWLMi.asl
>
> It shows 12 Errors, 4 Warnings and 1 Remark.
>
> Can anyone help out and post a diff to fix this asl?

Hi Alexandre,

I've got exactly the same model (since 5 days ago). On mine, it shows 7
warnings but no errors. Nevertheless, it cannot reboot or shutdown under
FreeBSD (which sadly means I'll have to switch to Linux, unless I find
out that FreeBSD 6.2-BETA3 makes things work).

I can send you acpidump's output from my machine if you wish.

Later,
Andrew

Andrew,

AFAIK the AML can be manually fixed. Please submit the info specified in the
handbook (
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/acpi-debug.html#ACPI-SUBMITDEBUG)
to add some more weight to this thread :)

Thanks

--
Alexandre Vieira - [EMAIL PROTECTED]