On Monday 13 January 2003 04:28, Adam Maas wrote:
> The nForce based boards would be your best bet. Good solid chipset with a
> decent video core. You should be able to find one that's less expensive
> than the Asus. Perhaps an MSI or Gigabyte.

Gigabyte doesn't make nForce.

I'm keen on the MSI but I'm unsure of the NIC support. Unlike Asus which uses
the clunky RTL8139 chipset, the MSI sticks with Nvidia original design, that
is using the ones integrated into the MCP. I couldn't find any listing of it
in the Hardware section so I'm assuming that it's unsupported.

I'm not keen on an add on NIC, if the NIC was integrated, might as well take
advantage of it.