Lowell Gilbert wrote:
"Alain G. Fabry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Thanks, problem is solved. I rebooted in single user mode and then the file
could be modified.

Make sure that the permissions and flags on the file are set so that
next time you want to change it, you can do so from multiuser mode. I don't see any security reason for protecting this file more than
normal write modes.
I think that the real problem is that you're missing something with KDM (settings wise), and it was overwriting the settings each time with the changes it received while you were operating in multi-user mode with your account (which should have been no changes, unless you modified something inadvertently). Try shutting down KDM, this prior to modifying the file. You _really_ don't want to connect to an X session remotely or your regular user account via telnet. Be sure that you know the security implications of doing this, before doing it.
-Garrett