On Nov 18, 2006, at 4:50 PM, Rachel Florentine wrote:
Well, going to that page led me to this as the authority for vpopmail:

http://dev.qmailrocks.org/qmail/freebsd/vpopmail_std.htm

I've installed qmail/vpopmail many ways - from source, using the instructions from qmailrocks and most recently using the instructions found here:

http://www.tnpi.biz/internet/mail/toaster/install.shtml

The "toaster" method seems to me to be the most comprehensive, and you can use (or not use) ports as you see fit.

Installing over your current installation using the toaster instructions should work OK - the install scripts seem to try to do the right thing.

Best of luck,
-Tom

--
Tom Ierna