On 11/22/06, VeeJay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks Jeff...

But does this encryption affects on Disk Speed or Performance for Data
Access/Read/Write?

On 11/22/06, Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Although I haven't used either, gbde and geli are possible methods.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/disks-encrypting.html

As I stated before, I haven't used either so I am in no way an
authoritative source, but in general anytime you do additional
processing in the data channel, some penalty is going to be incurred.
I am sure there are things that can be done to mitigate this penalty
to a degree (i.e. offloading encryption operations to an add-in card)
but only you can be the judge if the trade off is a good one.

-Jeff