On 11/28/06, Abdullah Al-Marrie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 11/28/06, hackmiester (Hunter Fuller) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On 16 November 2006, at 01:34, George Allan wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 08:58:53AM +0300, g wrote:
> >> Is there any one model or product that would be better for Freebsd 6
> >> (as this is my day in day out operating system).

> >> Any experiences and or advise would be much appreciated.
> >
> > My vote is for Thinkpads
>
> Mine too. I have an R51. Man, that computer is awesome. No issues
> with it, etc.

Toshiba is good too, when you compare it's price with ibm, you'll find
Toshiba with it's features is better choice.

Thank you,

-Abdullah
[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Acers may or may not be a good choise.

I have a friend who bought one and it was all out of the box.

The two latest Acers I touched (one I bought and the other a friend bought
it) showed some problems.

ACPI implementation is horrible. I think they only tested it with Microsoft
Windows.

Some parts (ex: DVD drive) can be very poor quality parts and can fail
reasonably quickly.

Apart this everything works fine.

Cheers
--