On Tuesday 05 December 2006 01:16, Rachel Florentine wrote:
> 858376

You're barking up the wrong tree.  There's nothing at all wrong with
your system compiler.  See your other thread about your problems with
Zope.  You've mistaken using python to repair the python libraries
that interface with the C libraries with using gcc to fix something.
You admit that you were able to successfully compile and install Zope
from the ports system, which uses the system C compiler.  If you
don't believe me try installing some other ports, or even cd /usr/src
&& make buildworld. (which won't actually touch anything, it's
completely safe to do)  If you run into compiler issues doing that
*THEN* you can start to deal with a corrupted C compiler.  Until then
I think you'd be money ahead to look at the FreeBSD-specific patches
that are applied during the Zope build from the port, and the
additional magic that is done in the port's Makefile.  I suspect the
differences between the port and your hand installation are the root
of your problem.

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel