Hey...,

Is there a utility to display the dependencies of a port which have yet to be installed ? I know you can get a complete dependency list on freebsd.org/ports , pkg_info -r or just looking in the files in the ports dir. But is there a command to display only the dependencies which haven't been installed on your system yet ? I also looked at pkg_add -n but it immediately starts fetching the packages needed. I don't want to start downloading the complete package just because I want a list of ports I haven't installed yet.

Or is the only way making a diff between the pkg_info -r output and your pkg_info -a ? If so : Is there a way to tell pkg_info when using the -r flag on a not-yet-installed-port to only get a list of the dependencies instead of downloading the complete package ? Or is there just an other utility which can display this information which I'm not aware of ?

Thanks in advance,

--
-Frank Staals