Hello,

yesterday one of our clients did something interesting (stupid): they
connected both ends of an UTP cable to the same switch, to which our
FreeBSD server was also connected. The server was immediately completely
unresponsive from yesterday evening until this morning, when our tech
guy went there to see what the problem was. Even when they rebooted
the FreeBSD machine, it wouldn't boot normally - disk I/O was very
busy and everything was happening unusably slow. After the disconnect
from that switch, everything went back to normal.

Any ideas how to prevent such situations in the future? (I would like
to do it on the server side, not on the "user side".)

Thanks,
Nejc