On 1/14/07, Daniel A. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,
I'm wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of
moving the entire /usr partition to a second hard disk, given that I
am on an existing (newly installed) install of FreeBSD.

First, you need to copy all the stuff over. You can
use dump(8)/restore(8), or mount /usr read-only, new
/usr read-write (under a temporary mount point like
/mnt) and use tar(1), cpio(1L), or cp(1).

Then it's just a matter of unmounting /usr and
mounting your new device under this mount point.
Don't forget to edit the fstab(5) entry.

Also, is it possible to specify something like this during the
installation itself?

Just partition your second drive and define any
mount point on any of it's partitions - everything
will be fine.