John Nielsen wrote:
On Sunday 14 January 2007 15:44, kbtrace wrote:
Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
On 2007-01-14 11:56, Dino Vliet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
2. Cd /usr/src/sys/amd64/conf which contains the file MYKERNEL
No it doesn't.  CVSup will delete the files it doesn't know about, so
you should *SAVE a copy* of your favorite kernel config file outside of
the source tree and *copy* it into `/usr/src/sys/amd64/conf' after
CVSup finishes updates the sources.
But in my practice, CVSup did nothing with my own kernel config file.
In my memory, cvs did nothing with the files not in the source tree.

Generally speaking, CVSup will delete files it doesn't know about. However, all of the src/sys/<arch>/conf directories have .cvsignore files in them which prevents this behavior.

JN
This line in the cvsup file changes that behavior (from <http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html>):

*default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix compress

Don't want stuff deleted when cvsup runs (not wise, but you can do it)?, remove the delete keyword in your cvsup file.

-Garrett