On 1/19/07, Joshua Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have two drives connected to a PCI ATA100 card. When I went to
install FreeBSD I see three drives. ad10, ad8 and ar0.

I am guessing this is some kind of Raid so used FreeBSD's auto config
option for that drive and installed it on that one drive. Did I just
install a Raid 1 config?

I guess my question is what exactly did I just do?

Does your motherboard have onboard raid, or are you plugged into a raid card
at all?

If so, does your raid controller automatically create a raid device based on
the hard drives connected?