On Tuesday 23 January 2007 17:09, Your Name wrote:
> amd64 & i386 won't install with this system, what I was trying to
> explain is that the system hardware works just fine- its the fact that
> the 6.2-RELEASE ia64 refuses to boot off of CD..
>
> I've never had this problem with FBSD before, I also tried 6.1-RELEASE
> ia64 with no luck.
>
> > On Tuesday 23 January 2007 14:52, VH-Brody wrote:
> > > Hey guys,
> > >

> > > I've downloaded multiple copies (from different FTP servers),
> > > 6.2-RELEASE-ia64 and it seems like this particular image doesn't want
> > > to boot up in my system. The i386 and amd64 distro's bootup just fine,
> > > but obviously don't work because system architecture is 64bit Intel.
> > > I'm

I'm still not clear: I've never heard of an Itanium laptop. Is it Itanium
(ia64), or amd64? The point I was trying to make is that amd64 is NOT limited
to AMD. It is an extension to the x86 instruction set, created by AMD and in
use by both AMD *and* Intel. IA64, or Itanium, is completely different. You
most likely need amd64. If the amd64 iso boots up fine, then you have amd64
and the rest of the system should work.

Jeff.