On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, eoghan wrote:

On 23 Jan 2007, at 18:26, Jerry McAllister wrote:

Hi
Just a general question:
should all values in rc.conf be in quotes... like:
network_enable="rl0"

It is a good idea.  I think, if there is no white space in the value,
then you can get away without it, but maybe I have my shells confused
in my mind.   Anyway, using the quotes will always be OK.

ok thanks to all who replied.
Eoghan

I always use quotes because it's easier to follow along with and in case of
whitespace, the rc.conf parser won't bail / give the relevant command incorrect
values, IIRC.

-Garrett