On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Josh Carroll wrote:

In bash or csh I want to start nmap scanning at every 1 hour.how can I do this?
                                    thanks

Use cron (man cron, man 5 crontab). Something like:

0 * * * * /usr/local/bin/nmap ....

Would run it on the hour, each hour. Read the man pages for more details.

Josh

Consult your favorite webpage to search out examples on how to use cron /
specify entries in crontab (crontab syntax is the same, regardless of what
cron's in use).

Also, please provide a subject line when asking a question next time.
-Garrett