On 2/2/07, Roger Olofsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear mailing list,

One of the many ideas, inspired by FreeBSD, that passed through my head
is the one about making my own wireless access point using an old
computer with FreeBSD and a wireless nic.

First question, will a Fujitsu USB D1075 wireless nic work for this purpose?

The best place to look, at least initially is:

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.2R/hardware-i386.html#WLAN

Second question, any pointers to how to make this small project happen
would be appreciated. I've googled and found some but I like to read up
on different ideas before I decide where to go. I would prefer to use
ipfilter since I've been using that beast for quite some years now, but
I might as well take a closer look at pf if recommended enough.

Ive done this in the past, and I found many resources (howto's
walkthroughs, etc.) available online. There are many different ways to
do it, depending on what your needs are.

My suggestion would be to find a wireless nic, that is well supported,
and go from there. Fr me, once I had a nicely supported card, the rest
was relatively easy.

Thanks in advance!