Gary Kline wrote:
On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 10:52:33PM -0600, Dan Nelson wrote:
In the last episode (Feb 03), Gary Kline said:
On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 11:15:31PM -0500, Sahil Tandon wrote:
Gary Kline wrote:

        What utility will find the shared lib: libphp4.so?
man find

        Yeah,  obv'ly, but no joy.  I used locate and same results.
        Isb't one of the pkg_ utilities supposed to give the cntents of
        every pacake or port?
Are you asking where libphp4.so is currently installed on your system
(find or locate will tell you), or which port installs libphp4.so (I'd
start looking at the php ports and their pkg-plist files)?

This is getting sranger and strangr. (BTW, I'll check the pkg-plist files; I forgot that; thanks.)

        On my ThinkPad, I have cloned my web files and php works.
There is a different apache/httpd.conf file on my laptop, but only slightly: it lacks my many vitural websites.
        zen.thought.org has the same php4.* ports as on my real
webserver. Fewer, in fact. On zen, the libphp4.so was (by default, obviously) commented. On my webserver, I had
        uncommented it.  This is the only diffrence I can think of
that makes any sense. On zen, my php pages display. Here (ns1.thought.org) I get the "Firefox does not know" etc, and asks if it should save the page.

        I'm utterly, completely stumped.  Ideas?

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Check your lib directories (/usr/local/lib*)? That's the only thing I can think of, considering that that's the most likely place where the libraries would be kept. You may also want to look for executables that dynamically load php under /usr/local.

Finally, you may want to rebuild apache.

-Garrett