On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 14:09:55 +0800
David Schulz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> i would like to provide a SSH Login for selected people on a
> dedicated Machine, to be a little bit of a playground to some who
> dont have any Unix experience and so on.
>
> Without a doubt i will get the one or the other trying to do
> something nasty to the Box, so my question is how to keep track of
> what Users are doing? Using process accounting as described http://
> www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/security-
> accounting.html in the handbook?
>
> Can you share some easy to implement tricks to keep the worst from
> happening to my Machine?

Hello :)
I think you really have 2 issues :
1) how to prevent them breaking havoc on your machine.
2) how to know what they are doing.

2) : answered on the other posts.

1) normal users shouldn't have access to break many things (nothing system
related actually)..but, since paranoid we must be, why not just install a jail
(or set of jails if you want to provide for maximum separation) and give them
access to the jails ? They'll be able to do most stuff a newbie would do (and
an advanced user too :) ) , and u can even give them root in the jail :).

Best,

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

What you are afraid to do is a clear indicator of the next thing you need to do.

Warned.