Hi Colin,

I just discovered freebsd-update, and one thing I'm not sure of based on both the freebsd-update website and manpage is whether specifying a branch is necessary after I've recompiled world in the past if no kerberos/crypt related options are present in make.conf overriding the defaults? Is the specification of the branch only necessary if you want to abide by your make.conf overrides, and if you have none, the branch argument is optional?