Hans Nieser wrote:
Hi list,

I'm trying to upgrade subversion from 1.4.2 to 1.4.3 (as part of a full
system update using 'portupgrade -a') but during compilation it aborts
with the following message:

You should build `www/apache22' with db4 support to use subversion with
it. Please rebuild `www/apache22' with option
`WITH_BERKELYDB=(db4|db41|db42)' and try again.

(or it suggests disabling db4 entirely with WITHOUT_DBD)

Since it doesn't seem like a bad idea to have the DB4 repository backend available I decided to recompile apache22 (version 2.2.4) with DB4 support by adding the following to the MAKE_ARGS list in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf:

 > 'www/apache22' => 'WITH_BERKELYDB=db42',

Problem solved now. I double checked several times, yet somehow I missed that I had written BERKELY instead of BERKELEY