I've been having a problem with mysql and apache starting up properly,
and finally I think I found the issue.

I have a "gallery" class defined in /etc/login.conf with the limits I
want, but the rc scripts are using the default class values instead. I
put:

limits > /tmp/limits

In the /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server rc script, and I see the following:

Resource limits (current):
 cputime          infinity secs
 filesize         infinity kB
 datasize            24576 kB
 stacksize           24576 kB
 coredumpsize            0 kB
 memoryuse           24576 kB
 memorylocked        24576 kB
 maxprocesses           25
 openfiles             200
 sbsize           infinity bytes
 vmemoryuse          24576 kB

Here is the gallery login class definition from login.conf:

gallery:\
   :datasize=400M:\
   :stacksize=400M:\
   :memorylocked=400M:\
   :vmemoryuse=400M:\

And here is the mysql entry in master.passwd:

mysql:*:88:88:gallery:0:0:MySQL Daemon:/nonexistent:/sbin/nologin

I'm hoping someone can point out what I'm missing here. Before anyone
asks, yes I did run pwd_mkdb and cap_mkdb :)

Thanks!
Josh