I have been trying to figure out an issue with my newest bsd server.  i am
trying to get jboss to run but nothing outside of the local machine can access
it.  i have been working on this for a while and am completely out of ideas
except for one, but i need a little information before i start playing

according to tcpdump when another machine goes to ip:8080 to access jboss, the
packet does not even reach the box.  all i can think of next is the services
file.  in order for bsd to allow traffic on a specific port, does it have to be
listed in the services file?