Wojciech Puchar wrote:
the extra features of on exchange server some place (shared calendars etc), getting users to move away from Outhouse is a major security improvement and reduces most of the email tech support calls.

i provide services for users, including mail services with IMAP access. and i often help users of my services how to configure their client programs (which is often not my duty) for free.

but i don't help solving problems that people willingly create, FOR EXAMPLE by using Outlook for mail.

other examples are using internet explorer, others are installing some "magic firewalls" and "feeling secure" instead of just stopping all windows network services and then running few really needed (often none).

Other is using POP3 instead of IMAP, so no e-mails are kept on server side (and backed up by me daily) and then

but thats problems they are willingly creating, and chance to get some cash providing data recovery services etc...

people are allowed to be stupid. it's natural. no need to worry

Sometimes managing calendars and corporate schedules can be a pain in the ass. I don't see how groups like Intel could do it any other way..

For smaller groups though, it isn't as necessary, yes..

Besides, I still like my Thunderbird / pine :).
-Garrett