Jerry,

Owner of /mydos is root and Group is wheel. User has rwx while Group and Other only have r-x

M.G.

Jerry McAllister wrote:
On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 05:14:14PM -0600, Michael G. wrote:

OK, I've scoured the archives for an answer with no results. I'm sharing a FAT32 partition between XP and 6.2 Release. The problem is I can mount the drive but only root can write to it (users can just read). I have the following in fstab:

/dev/asd42        /mydos        msdosfs     rw  0 0

I've tried adding the -u or -g option with no luck. I understand that since FAT has no inherent permissions chmod has no effect either (tried it just to be sure) so it must be set from fstab. Any help?

What are the owner and permissions on the mount point  (/mydos)?

////jerry

Thanks!

M.G.