On Mar 3, 2007, at 4:01 PM, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

Hi

I am trying to build jdk15 inside my jail with PREFIX set to /usr/ public (At one time I successfully got jdk 1.4 to build after much hacking)

I have the option for builing inside a jail set. We get to the point where the linux java is installed and it is actually building the jdk

# Start of jdk build
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.3: Undefined symbol "__mb_cur_max"
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk15.
#

I am not exactly sure what it is doing at this point in order to hack round it. libiconv a fresh install from ports

Turns out that the issue is that gmake cannot run. I have not figured out why yet, having removed and reinstalled libiconv and gmake and getting the same error. But it is not java related.

I'll redirect this to -questions

If anyone has an idea on why gmake would fail as above on a fresh install, 6.2-RELEASE from a day or two ago, I would appreciate it. Please CC me as I am not currently subscribed to -questions, though I am on -java

Sorry
Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC