Harrison Peter CSA BIRKENHEAD wrote:
You may want to check out devfs.rules(5) for changing permissions on hotplug devices.
That said, I do use a similar entry in usbd.conf to spawn pppd when I connect my Tungsten
E. With that I find I need to add a "sleep 2;" to the beginning of the 'attach'
line or the following command fails because the device nodes aren't set up quickly enough.

HTH.

Peter Harrison

Thanks for your help :-) . You mean like this?

device "Palm"
      devname  "ucom[0-9]*"
      sleep 2; attach "chmod 0666 /dev/ucom* /dev/ttyU* /dev/cuaU*"/