we use linux tools from Synosys here, on RH servers/simfarm, I have not tried
to run them on FreeBSD with linux compat personally, coz setting up the
license and stuff gets anonying and I let the sysadmins worry about that...
and RH is the only thing supported here (except a few sun boxes for other
stuff that I don't do)...

anyway, the tools *should* run on freebsd with linux compatability.

a quick search on the ports found this also:
/usr/ports/cad/iverilog

u could give that a try...

/ayn