On Mar 9, 2007, at 3:11 PM, Troy Schultz wrote:

Hello,

I am running FreeBSD 6.2.

I am currently mounting a smb share and then remounting the smb mount
into a jail with nullfs.

/etc/fstab
# smbfs mount
# local mount
/path/to/smb/mount      /path/to/jail/directory nullfs  rw,late 0       0

The main reason I am using this jail is for a webserver and I need to have
the web developer be able to write to this samba share

I originally tried mounting in fstab the smb share like this
      0
however, this did not work so I ended up making the share point owned by the user and group www this took care of it but I was wondering if there was a better way to do this as far as passing through to a jail and maybe getting
the uid to actually work from within the fstab file.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

I don't do this with smb but do do it with nfs. I don't know about uid with smb but I just mount it on the base server inside the jails path. Add the UID with no login capability to the base machine password file and then you can probably set uid in the base server as well.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider