On Mar 6, 2007, at 9:55 PM, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

On Mar 6, 2007, at 5:08 PM, Michael K. Smith - Adhost wrote:

Have you looked at the output of 'netstat -i' to see if there are
interface errors?  Also, have you looked at the switch-side interface
for errors, buffer problems, etc. (if that's possible)? Finally, have
you swapped ports/cables on the switch?

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike

Right now it seems to be behaving. netstat -i shows no issues and I have not had the problem recur again once I forced it from auto negotiation which ended up at 1000tx full duplex to now be 100tx at full duplex. I don't know if it is related to the problem or not or is a coincidence that once I did that the problem has not arisen. It happened about 3 times today before forcing the connection to be 100tx.

OK, this problem has not resurfaced since I hardwired the settings on the port to 100tx and full duplex.

I have another system with the same board that got the same problem last Fall when I upgraded from 5.4 to 6.0 or 6.1. The problem this time was on 6.2. I have another one of these boards running on a system with 5.4 without issue at gigabit speed. It appears that something happened in the bge driver from 5.x to 6.x at gigabit speeds, at least with some of the supported chipsets.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider