My FBSD 6.2 freezes at random after printing Default: F1 I haven't
noticed this issue in the past with older versions of FreeBSD.
Since this is a random issue, it's very hard to pin point the culprit
by process of elimination (disabling APCI, etc...) After several
ctrl+alt+delete reboots, the system does boot. Once booted I can
run makeworld for a week without any issues. Perhaps a disk issue?
I'm booting off a MegaRAID controller. Though I cannot crash
the system using intensive IO after it boots. After it boots, it seems
to be rock solid, so I'm lost here.

Can boot loader be put into verbose mode and have it output
debugging info?

I don't know if there is a "debug" mode for the boot loader, but if
the problem is happening at random then I would want to investigate
hardware failures/malfunctions.  At any rate, no fully operational
machine should need "several ctrl+alt+delete reboots" for it to start
working.

Perhaps the problem happens when the BIOS is attempting to probe drive
controllers?  Have you tried to stress-test the system by doing a
"make buildworld"?

SC