Nejc Škoberne wrote:
Hello,

Try waiting about 30 minutes, there was a nasty timeout problem here
when I tried it - you might have the same. Google for my posts on
freebsd-stable mailing list.

Okay, it really seems it's the "nasty timeout" I am facing (I booted into
the "verbose mode" and it's the controller which causes the waits). I have
tried to find that thread but wasn't really successful.

Did you manage to get rid of the timeout after all?

Ye, by installing the system with the timeout (i.e. just wait it out), then building a kernel without umass at the first opportunity.