Milan Knizek wrote:

Hello,

are there any recommendation how to organize own ports?

Should I keep them within official /usr/ports structure or rather separately? If kept separately, how does it work with pkg* commands then?
For what it's worth, if you use cvsup then you can store your own ports safely under /usr/ports. You can also store extra files (like extra patches, for example), though I'm not sure what would happen if that port got deleted. Probably just your patch would remain.

I have no idea if csup is safe in this regard, and portsnap was definitely not safe, last I heard.

I'm sure you could easily concoct a solution where you kept new ports in a separate tree, and had something like a Makefile to make links into /usr/ports after each time you used say portsnap. A symlink to a directory should work just as well as a real directory. I find it easier to stick with cvsup.

--Alex