On Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 07:10 AM, Kenneth Tucker wrote:

I neglected to mention that I installed  mysql in /usr/local/mysql
hmm, do you have the man directory in /usr/local/mysql? I installed mine not long after I got this box last year having got it from a link at Apple's Mac OS X resources pages and installing it the way it wanted to install itself. I find the environment is sufficiently different from something like FreeBSD for me to go with what the Apple folks think is the sensible place but I've had no problem installing things like stunnel in /usr/local/sbin and netpbm in /usr/local.

I would try doing a find for one of the man files, e.g. mysqladmin.1 or mysqldump.1, if you find it you should have the path, if not, the man stuff is not installed.

Cheers...John