On Apr 12, 2007, at 4:18 PM, Don O'Neil wrote:
This isn't exactly what I want to do. According to the FreeBSD Handbook, by defining a CPU limit it will just kill any process that uses more than the limit. What I want to do is effectively throttle the process so it doesn't use up more than a certain % CPU, but still lives, esentially taking longer to process than if it had unlimited resources. That way the process still
runs and the system isn't taken to it's knees.

Use the nice or renice commands to lower the priority of the MySQL server so that it will not preempt other processes which want to run at normal priority?

--
-Chuck