On Apr 19, 2007, at 4:39 AM, David Southwell wrote:
In my current state of confusion I need to double check the way in which options are given for make before delving deeper into the problem. if there
is an option define as:

'--with-abc=def'

what is the correct command line?

#[correct command-line]

for
#make
& for
#make configure

Arguments of the form "--with-abc=def" are typically fed to configure, not to make. If you are using ports to build the software in question, you would adjust the port Makefile to include the extra option by changing the CONFIGURE_ARGS.

If you are building by hand, you would run "./configure --with-abc=def".

--
-Chuck